.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Friday, June 20, 2008

Reading habit for kids

Reading habit for kids

I believe - If we implant the reading habit in kids, then their life is set.
As Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam had said sometime back - Good Reading leads to good thoughts; thoughts leads to actions; actions lead to habit and habit leads to character. The whole good character could be built by a reading habit.

My mother always brought books from the local library and had advocated us to read in my school days. I realized the power of reading habit only in my college days, in fact. I want my children to have them incorporated as early as possible, like my mother dreamt about us.

First of all, we need to be a good model character for them. We should not be the person who just watches movies and TV whole time. The children should see us reading magazines and good books. They will automatically follow us, because they don't have anybody to follow in the initial stages. I am sure once they read more books they will form their own characters by following great men.

Take them to the library, when they are just 1 or 1.5 year old itself. Or 2 years is a good enough age, when they understand things better. They will see all the people reading silently and assume that it is a good habit to do and they start liking too.

Do not push the reading and as always let reading be FUN for them!

As my parents invested on education for us, and nothing else, I will take my children's education as a high priority.
If we are keen in just earning and building wealth, it is not good enough. We need to invest time on kids to encourage them and appreciate them, recognize them for their work and their thinking.

Use Recognition...recognition as the Carrots for their improvement and their happiness!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs