.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Middle Class to Upper Middle Class thinking? - Madurai Thinking

When I used to live in Hyderabad city in India, I used to think when I become well-off I should have one mid size car and one SUV. Currently I am in a different part of the world, and I have Honda Accord. Now, I am looking at Honda Pilot as my SUV addition.

When I think about it - Honda Accord was and is my necessity. But Honda Pilot is not. It is a comfort and it is a luxury.
My heart is saying go and buy Honda Pilot, but something else is stopping me and saying - Don't buy it, since it is not a necessity. May be it is guilty conciousness??

The way we are brought up in the middle class and lower middle class is that don't buy anything for luxury. Always buy it for necessity. I think that feeling is pricking me!

There are two different sets of thoughts knocking me. There are so many people in the world struggling for even basic necessities and you are trying to get a second car?! In another hand, you are working hard and you are treating yourself with a luxury of a Sports Utility Vehicle!!

Is it a time when we have to transition from middle class thinking to an upper-middle class thinking?

Send me a private note, if you have any comments.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I will be visiting MDU in early July. Can you suggest some good places for shopping for Women's clothes - salwars, skirts & tops and the likes?

    I thought it would be good to ask some MDU locals and get the information. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • "naiha" in bypass road is good.
    milan is good.

    I will check with my wife and let you know more.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs