.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rememering my Madurai Village Vadivelkarai - satti karugiya smell - Madurai Experience

While I was preparing dosa yesterday at my home kitchen, due to my vessel darkening(satti karugivittathu), I experienced a "satti karugiya smell" and I got remembered of Madurai and my sontha ooru Vadivelkarai.

My grandma gets excited when we visit the village. I am referring to "we", to my brother, cousin and myself. We go near the nearest railway tracks and do the required and get cleaned in a running water creek nearby - I am sure you know what I mean!! My Grandpa and us take bath in the lotus pond near this village(karuppu kovil) and come back to home to have nice tiffin(breakfast). The special breakfast items include panniyaaram, idly, dosa, idiyappam. All these are never equivalent in quality to what my mother makes, but definitely it has its own speciality of the rustiness and country side smell.

At this point, I smell all the "satti karugiya smell"!!:)

I love those days, where in we enjoy each and every moment and there are no responsibilities:)!
Even reminescence is FUN. I wish I close my eyes and get more remindings like this.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • my grandpa expired long time back but my grandma died last year.

    By Blogger Madurai Machan, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs