.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Madurai Father Part-II and my Health

My Madurai Father Part-II and my Health

Couple of Health Resolutions I have made this year.
A huge step - saying no to Alcohol, even to a small degree(even social drinking).
Preference to riding bicycle, instead of always using car.

This is going to drastically improve my health conditions.
Lesser vulnerability heart diseases. Self-motivated and less depression moments.
More fitness and normal weight for my body. Pumping my heart, periodically for good health!!

What I am doing is - My office is 1 mile from my apartment.
I go to office by bicycle in the morning, come back have lunch and then go back to office in the afternoon. By end of the day, I come back by bicycle in the evening. This gives me around 4-5 miles of exercise everyday. Even the commuting time is pretty much same as my car's considering the signal wait times and traffic. Isn't it worth?

While I ride my bicycle, I remember my father(dad).

Here is a first article I posted about my father - click here.

My grandfather used to walk all the way from his village Vadivelkarai or from Periyar Bus stand and come to our home in Madurai. My father used to go to work from TVS Nagar to Madura Coats (near Jail Rd, Madurai(near Arasaradi)). We are all spoilt people by using Car and not using bicycles.

My dad used to go this 12 km commute everyday and anywhere else he has to go, he still uses the same bicycle! Isn't it great? I guess, they use buses for other transport needs also. I feel happy and proud when I go by the same kind of bicycle and go to work for my family, apart from my health benefits!

I am also a good father, working for the family!!:)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Hi Madurai Machan,
    Great to hear such things. Not necessary that we should take such resolutions only on New Year but we can take at any time in the year when we feel to do so. Or when the need arises. To make ourselves healthy and stay fit.

    FYI I do daily half an hour of fast walking in the morning as part of staying fit apart from reducing oil in food.
    :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 AM  

  • Great to hear...all teh very best!
    You are also a great father then, for your child(ren):)!

    By Blogger Madurai Machan, at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs