.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Madurai Taekwondo - a martial art - Korean Karate - CK Nagaraj

In my school days, my mother enrolled me and my Madurai brother into two courses. As I have told you before, my mother had a vision. She wants her children to be well equipped before we encounter the real world.

One was Hindi class provided by Dakshin Bharath Hindi Prachar Sabha and I successfully passed "Praveen" exam. This is supposed to be equivalent to BA in Hindi.

Another was Taekwondo. My brother completed Taekwondo - Black Belt. I completed the Brown Belt, which is just before Black Belt.

We used to study in the TVS Nagar branch, which was opposite TVS Lakshmi Matric School. Taekwondo is a great martial art, but from Korea. Taekwondo is more of an art with the leg, when compared to Karate, which is all of hands. Taekwondo is more of leg and less of hand. Taekwondo is also called Korean Karate. Taekwondo is one of the asian(korean) martial art, like Kung fu and Karate.

CK Nagaraj was our master and he is a great teacher and a great person. He is a good friend of us and our mother knows him very well. I am grateful to the Taekwondo master Nagaraj. He is a member of Lions Club as well. CK Nagaraj had received even 3-5 DANs(levels) in Black Belt of Karate.

One interesting point is - TVS Nagar branch still exists and even today master is teaching in the same terrace of the building opposite our school.

By the way, 24th January and 25th, 26th - state level competition is planned to happen in TVS Lakshmi Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Madurai.

I am grateful to this master CK Nagaraj. As a return gift, I am posting this article dedicated to Mr.Nagaraj, Taekwondo Black Belt in Madurai.

For further details - please contact -
Channa K. Nagaraj, C 249, VII Stop, Kamarajar Street, Tirunagar, Madurai-625 006. Mobile:9843052449.

For you reference - an article by "The Hindu" about Taekwondo in Madurai recently.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Hi,
    Thanks for the info.it really helpful. I am interested to join the class. please let me know whom to contact.

    thanks

    By Blogger Chidambara prabu (I am what i am), at 12:33 PM  

  • Hi,
    Thanks for the info.it really helpful. I am interested to join the class. please let me know whom to contact.

    thanks

    By Blogger Chidambara prabu (I am what i am), at 12:33 PM  

  • please see the contact details of Mr.CK Nagaraj. He is the master. He will guide you from then.

    By Blogger Madurai Machan, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs