.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Experience with Theatres in Madurai

Theatres in Madurai.

Yesterday, I and my wife were discussing and remembering our childhood/school days in Madurai with the theatres nearby.
I remember the theatres nearby my home as - HariVignesh(previously called as Jagathaa) in Palanganatham; Murugan theatre in a Jaihindpuram corner in Madurai; Natraj theatre on the bypass road.

There were shows in the morning 11 AM; 2:30PM;6:00PM and 10:00PM. Morning shows and matinee shows are usually present by jobless youths and housewives and all waste fellows. When I go for weekend trips from my college to Madurai home, I used to go to these morning shows and was being one among those jobless fellows! I had nothing else to do in the morning time, since everyone would be busy and no cable TV at home too.

Murugan theatre is the small theatre I have ever seen in my life. It is not so clean. rest rooms are open area with tiny walls. One side is for gents and another side for ladies. There are some benches in the beginning rows - the fare is 2 or 2.50 Rs. This constitutes the whole theatre. Last 5 rows, except one row has chairs. They cost RS.4.50. One last row costs Rs.5.00. That has some cushion and the same time with bed bugs too. I truely enjoyed going to movies here in those days.

In the interval, you could get coffee or ice cream or murukku or tea or other snacks. One interesting part is snacks are even delivered at your seat too.

I will definitely miss those days and miss these theatres, considering the impact of the Cable TVs and Home Theatres at home, pirated DVDs etc.,! It is definitely an experience watching movies in these theatres.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs