.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Why Bi-Cycles issued by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister?

I recently saw a news that Tamil Nadu Chief Minister issued free bi-cycles to 5 lakh students of tamil nadu state. I am not sure why we do we have to do this for a huge budget of Rs.102 crores. Will the students do not go to school, if they don't have a bi-cycle?

There are so many productive things, which can be done. I am not convinced why do we have to do this, while there are so many better things to do.

If they are giving sathunavu(free food) or free books or notebooks, that is different. I am not convinced with Rs. 102 crore budget free bi-cycle.

This is my personal opinion as a citizen and it is not an opinion of any of my organizations.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • There are many villages which have only primary schools or schools upto 10th. schools with 11th, 12th standards are around 2 or 5kms away.
    There is a significant drop in the number of students after passing 10th. This is one way of 'incentive' for increasing the school attendance.
    This is definitely a good scheme, compared to 'free tv' and I am glad that the current govt continues it even though it was started by prev govt.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 PM  

  • Thanks for your comment.

    I will definitely agree with you "anonymous". This scheme is productive than "Free TV" scheme.

    But there are more productive things, which can be done than this. for this budget! That was my point.

    Let me know, if you have any comments. Thank You

    By Blogger Madurai Machan, at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs