.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Monday, June 20, 2011

Madurai Mattuthavani Bus stand improvement and government taking action on a petition

I happenned to visit Mattuthavani bus stand in a month back and posted this article http://www.madurai247.com/2011/06/madurai-mattuthavani-bus-stand-is-dirty.html in Madurai247.com and also sent an email petition to Madurai Collector.

Yesterday I visited again and things have changed drastically in Madurai Mattuthavani bus stand. I feel really proud of our officials in this case.

Here are some photos quickly, since I had to rush to my bus and did not have much time.

New row chairs, many shops are taken out and the bus stand looks more spacious now, many warning signs and boards, many enchroachments and cleanliness is brought into action. But only challenge is it has to continue.

One interesting thing is - I was suprised to see some big shops taken out, which I never thought it was an enchroachment!! I was surprised to the core, since I used to have tea/coffee in those shops very often!!





One another thing is - even though I was proud of the signs like "FINE" for urination in public areas, just near to that board people were "pissing"! People should also change, when Government is acting on good things!

Without the fare listing of urination, toilet facility usage, they were collecting more money - now that will not happen again! Good move, after our petition.

We (New Madurai Foundation) is very happy about this move from the Collector and it is great to see that our email petition to the government works!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Congrats New Madurai.
    Madurai-yai meetpom.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs