.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Friday, January 02, 2009

My Madurai Mother - part II

I have written about my mother in one of the earlier posts. Here is the post, click here

My mother was born to Parvathathammal and Sellaiyapillai. Parvathathammal even sold idly and paniayaram in streets for their daily expenditure and to bring up her children. My mother's mother was a very hard working person, hence I guess my mother also became a hard working person. It all depends on parents only for how the children would be.

Three days back, my mother had a eye surgery for cataract. One good thing in Madurai is - Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai. Operation was successful and Aravind Hospital is doing great!

One unfortunate thing is - I and my wife are not there to help my mother, when she needs us. She had been there for us, when we needed and today we are not there to help her. However, my eldest brother who is Doctor is there to help my mother.

In my childhood days, when my mother is out to office or any relative's function, we would wait for her and we(brothers) miss her a lot. We would wait and watch the door for my mother to come back.

She would bring Masal Kadalai from the corner shop. I like those masaal kadalais very much. I used to fill the masal kadalai into my trouser pocket or shirt pocket and slowly eat.

Anyway, even though I am far away from you my mother - I am always thinking about you and I will come to you soon for helping you.

My mother series will continue...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs