.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Financial Question...and Answer

Hi Expert,
I have been reading "your blog(some other blog)" for quite sometime and I have got good amount of tips from your "blog".
Keep writing and I enjoy your writing, as a matter of fact.

Now, my question -
I am 30 years old.
I contribute into 401(k), 529 and Roth IRA every month.
If I decide to retire in a foreign country - say India, where the value of Rupee(Indian currency) is slowly going up compared to US $.

It was Rupees.49 for 1 US$ two years back and now it Rupees.39 for 1 US $.

If the same proceeds, I will end up loosing all the retirement money when I want to retire in a foreign country.

What do you think about this Trent?

thank you
Madurai Machan.


Answer:
If you believe that trend will continue and have a vested interest in
the Rupee, put your money in the Rupee. Invest over there - look for
opportunities to put your money in India. If I were planning on
retiring outside of the United States, I would likely be investing in
that country.

-Expert

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs