.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Poor Infrastructure and Customer Service in Madurai

Infrastructure and Customer Service in Madurai!!

Couple of months back, I started to look and shop for an internet connection for my home computer. I heard from many who are already internet subscribers in Madurai that Airtel is good. I enquired about the Airtel connection. I was told that Airtel does not come to the area where my home is! Fine!! Moved on to VSNL linked with Tata Indicom - the most crazy company!!

This company acts based on what it thinks. "VSNL linked with Tata Indicom" does not serve based on what the
customer asks for. This is a perfect example of a government company. Looks like VSNL has tie up with Tata Indicom for the internet services. I ordered for 64 Kbps and I have been subscribed for 64 Kbps through VSNL, after quite sometime. It took like 1 month to get a new connection! What a customer service?!:( The most poor customer service have seen. That's why I said they just do what they think and do not care about customer service.

On top of that, I didn't feel I have enough connection speed. So, I ordered for an
upgrade! here is the real fun!! They said, you will be upgraded to 128 Kbps, from the next business cycle. What a crazy business model!? Will there not be people to take care of these kind of issues. We have called the customer service left and right!

The customer service is centralized in India and I am reaching a customer service with hindi speaking people. There is no customer service in TamilNadu or in Madurai. That apart, I don't have problem with that. There is no seemless support here. The technicians who come to work on the issues are not really VSNL people, they are contract folks. The local cable operators are the technicians. On top of that they are not real professionals. VSNL sucks!!! No matter, what people think about me! It is the truth and I have every right to express my opinion, while no customer service of VSNL listens to my concerns!!

There is no real feel for the company from a customer service perspective. Here, I am a consumer and a small customer who is not being served properly.

I am not sure how the businesses are handling this. I am sure the businesses are having hard time about this. This clearly shows to the businesses and investors - that don't come to Madurai and invest!! Don't you see a real red flag here for the businesses and investors.

This is a very small example about our situation in Infrastructure and Customer Service we provide to the customers!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs