.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Friday, May 04, 2007

Corrupt Madurai RTO Office: Had to Bribe in 2000

Please note that the below story is about an incident happenned in 2000. I am NOT sure about the current situation in Madurai RTO office. But please read on about the real incident in the past.

Corrupt Madurai RTO Office: Did Bribing in the year 2000
This dates back to year 2000. Right after my college and my company placement I had training in a local driving school and managed to get trained for 30 days - two and four wheeler training.

I appeared on the day of the license. I did pass in my driving tests. While standing in queue for the application, I had to pay Rs.20 for republic day stamp. I crossed 2 tables and had to pay atleast Rs.20 to Rs.30 to the officers desk.

This is somewhere in the middle of year 2000. I am not sure what is the situation now in Madurai RTO office. This happenned in Bye-Pass Road - South Madurai.

I had to pay because everyone paid. If I don't pay the bribe, I cannot get my license. In fact, I saw the officers in their khakhi pants and white shirts, we going past the queue, when the things are happenning.

I remember it clearly, but I cannot do anything. This happenned in every government office in Madurai. Why should I pay for the government services, provided by the government servants, who are getting paid as salary by the government.

This should change! I heard from someone that these days they don't ask for bribe. Good to hear that and I wish it remains the same.

As said by Tamil Film Director Shankar in his movie "Indian" - casted by actor padmashree Kamalhassan - he says Officers abroad get "lanjam"(bribe), for not doing or overriding some rules and laws, But Officers in India are getting money for doing their duty in India.

God Bless Madurai and overall India!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs