.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Thursday, May 19, 2011

What is the price of Bronze, Brass, Bell Metals - Pithalai, Vengalam etc.,? - Madurai Finance and Metals

"We have been only looking at the rich kid in the family and we tend to ignore the family members who are poor and middle class. At least, we will tend to talk and be friends with middle class, but we completely ignore and do not give respect to the poor!"

Well - people, I am not referring to anybody, but I am talking about METALS:)!! We only look at precious metals and we don't look at other metals. Have you given a thought about other metals?

We consider precious metals as Platinum, Palladium, Gold and Silver. Correct?
Since Platinum and Palladium is very expensive, normal people do not go near that. However Diamonds are very attractive, so people like it - but it is expensive and also I am not sure if it is a form of metal - I am guessing it is more of a glass or something similar to that. Anyway, I am not going to talk about Diamond at this point, because I don't know anything about it.

Gold is the metal everyone wants to acquire and we have seen recently how the metal's prices have raised. Silver is unnoticed, but it has lot of potential for investment and my guess is it will raise as days go by.

Let us look at other metals like Copper, Zinc and Tin!!

Why I am looking at these metals, because I am looking at some metal alloys which might be of some interest in this topic.

Bronze and Brass. I am sure you have heard about it in Tamil they are called - Vengalam and Pithalai respectively. What is the difference between these two metal or alloys - Bronze and Brass?

Vengalam (Bronze) is much expensive than Brass (Pithalai). Bronze is used for decorative items and some times vessels. Brass is usually used for vessels in Tamil Culture.

I wanted to know the price of these metal alloys and did a half an hour research and found out the following as on date as per 2011.

Bronze is a varied mixture of 90% Copper and 10% Zinc. Zinc composition in the metal alloy can change from 5% to 20%. and other metals can be added to the alloy composition.

Brass is a varied mixture of 60% Copper and 40% Tin.

Bell Metal is a type of Brass metal and is a varied mixture of 78% Copper and 22% Tin.

As on date, the prices following is approximate -

Copper is $4 per pound
Bronze is $9 per pound
Tin is $7 per pound.
Zinc is $1 per pound.

So, if you see what would be the price of Brass - it will be comparatively low as $4 per pound or something like that.

But, if you consider Bronze, it will be approximately more than $11 per pound.

I found it exciting to know about these metals and I am interested to buy Bronze metals. I recently bought some metal vessels and that is my hobby too.

Enjoy Metal Trading!! But, in my case - I don't do metal trading - I only buy metals! :) I like to buy and keep for my daughter!!

Anyway, enjoy with metals!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs