.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Made in Madurai                

Sunday, April 12, 2009

One of my lifetime Madurai Dreams - Madurai Chain of Libraries

One of my lifetime Madurai Dreams

I have always like the concept of Library in my childhood.
My mother used to work as a librarian in my school, apart from being a clerk cum typist in the same school.

Even though I don't really have looked into the books very curiously, my mother used to bring books on rent to home for reading. She gives me newspapers for reading, so that I and my brothers would get reading habit. She really understood the concept of reading and its associated advantages. She tried a lot with us.

My uncle(my mother's brother) works as a clerk in Madurai Kamaraj University as well. He gets us books from the MKU library for rent. We had so much advantange and access to the libraries in the town.

The libraries, any student would get access to in Madurai town are - School library, College Library, University Library, Street library(if one exists) and the City Government Library.

However, when a student wants entertainment, he/she does not go to a library to spend/kill time. Cinema theaters are the main destination, even if it is a daytime or afternoon times.

I think there has to be an option for somebody to spend time in a local library in every area. That is my dream. Anybody should love reading. Reading a book, apart from academic books had been an alien idea for someone.

I am setting a budget starting in 2005 from my personal money to build a network of libraries in and around Madurai. Anybody wants to read or gain knowledge or kill time or spend time usefully or pass free time or entertain themselves or have meeting and discuss about knowledgeable topics - then they should think about this chain of libraries. Libraries should facilitate a great childhood in Madurai to win the world!!

I am talking, representing New Madurai Foundation. I don't know which year I would be able to build this network of libraries, but definitely I will before I die! That is too far anyway.

This is one of my dreams - Building a Network of Libraries in and around Madurai.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
`
Personal Top Blogs